Why Behavior Isn’t “BAD”
with Holly Moses, BCBA, LPA, LPC
In this episode of the Parenting ADHD Podcast, I’m talking with behavior analyst, Holly Moses, about why looking at behavior as “bad” isn’t the best parenting approach for kids with ADHD. Often, the gap between expectation and capability leads to unwanted (“bad”) behavior. Listen in to learn effective strategies to elicit appropriate behavior, and to effectively address unwanted behavior. Holly and I will adjust your mindset for behavior so you can be the parent your child needs.
“How heavy is what we’re asking for? Is the weight of what we’re asking worth the reward to our kids?” — Holly Moses
Resources in this EpisodeNOTE: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Holly’s FREE Download: Behavior Detective Guide for Parents
- Magic Phrase: How can I help you?
- PAP 003: What Your Child’s Behavior Is Actually Telling You, with Sarah Wayland, PhD
- PAP 013: Why Your Child Gets Angry and What You Can Do About It, with Sarah Wayland
- PAP 015: Behavior is Just a Symptom, with Penny Williams
- The Explosive Child and Raising Human Beings, by Ross Greene PhD