There are few times more chaotic and stressful for families of kids with ADHD than mornings, especially school mornings. Kids with ADHD struggle with staying on task, time management, working memory, and many other executive functioning deficits that make mornings difficult — difficult to get out the door on time, difficult to get everything done, difficult to not lose your sanity. In this episode of the Parenting ADHD Podcast, I’m talking to executive function coach, Brendan Mahan, MEd about how to survive mornings in a household challenged by ADHD. This episode is packed full of tools and strategies. Don’t miss it.
“The morning routine starts the night before.“
Resources in this Episode
(Yes, some of these are affiliate links.)Articles/Topics/Podcasts Mentioned:
- Brili: https://brili.com
- Apps to create your morning ritual (or your kids’): https://mymorningroutine.com/products/apps/
- Alarm Clocks for Tough to Wake Kids: Clocky, Bed-Shaking Alarm, Sunrise Simulator Alarm Clock
- Sensory-Friendly Toothbrushes: 3-Sided Toothbrush, Electric Toothbrush with App Guidance, AquaSonic Brush Monsters for Younger Kids
- Time Timer
- Smart TV to use sleep timer with
- Alexa: Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Smart Speaker
- Breakfast on the go ideas in Penny’s book, What to Expect When Parenting Children with ADHD
Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS., host of the ADHD Essentials Podcast, is an internationally recognized ADHD/Executive Function expert, and an engaging, sought-after speaker. He helps individuals, families, schools, and businesses manage the challenges of executive function through an approach that blends education, collaborative problem-solving, and accountability with compassion, humor, and a focus on strengths and growth.
Thanks for joining me!
If you enjoyed this episode, please use the social media buttons to the left or within the player to share it. Have something to say, or a question to ask? Leave a comment below. I promise to answer every single one.
**Also, please leave an honest review for The Parenting ADHD Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and appreciated! That’s what helps me reach and help more families like yours.