IEPs, 504 Plans & School Advocacy
with Amanda Morin
In this episode of the Parenting ADHD Podcast, I’m talking IEPs and 504 Plans with former teacher and educational advocate, Amanda Morin. We’re defining IEPs and 504 plans, and the differences between them. In addition, learn how to determine what services and accommodations your child may need in school, and how to go about securing them. We also answer questions like, should my child come to school meetings? And we’re busting some myths around the rights of kids with special needs at school.
“We need to think outside the box. What’s appropriate for this kid? Not all kids with ADHD, but this kid.” — Amanda Morin
Resources in this EpisodeNOTE: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Ross Greene, PhD, Behavior is Communication
- Executive Functioning Skills
- Conversation Starters to Use with Your Child’s Teachers
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) Sample Form
- Twice-Exceptional (2e)
- Tilt Parenting & Tilt Parenting Podcast
- In It Podcast
- Voice Typing in Google Docs (free)
- What to Do When the IEP Isn’t Working
- Universal Design for Learning Video